Pedro Garcia Lopez
Universitat Rovira i Virgili Head of Computer Engineering and Mathematics Department Head of "Architecture and Telematic Services" Research Group Computer Engineering and Mathematics Department Campus Sescelades 43007 Tarragona, Spain (+34) 977 55 85 10 (Office) (+34) 977 55 97 10 (Fax) firstname.lastname@example.org (email)
Pedro Garcia is professor and Head of the Computer Engineering and Mathematics Department at the University Rovira i Virgili (Spain). He leads he "Architectures and Telematic Services" research group and coordinates the FP7 European project CloudSpaces: Open Service Platform for the next generation of Personal Clouds "CloudSpaces" and H2020 European project IOStack: Software Defined Storage for Big Data. His research topics are distributed systems, peer-to-peer, cloud storage, software architectures and middleware and collaborative environments. He has published more than 80 papers and participated in several spanish and european research projects. He is an active member of the P2P research community: Steering Committee Member of IEEE P2P, General Chair of IEEE P2P'12, PC Member of IEEE P2P (2008-20011),chair of the IEEE Collaborative Peer-to-Peer Systems Workshop (COPS 2009,2009,2010). Contact him at email@example.com.
- PhD Thesis Advised
- Lluis Pamies, On the Design and Optimization of Heterogeneous Distributed Storage Systems
- Ruben Mondejar, Distributed AOP Middleware for large scale scenarios.
- Jordi Pujol, "Development of distributed algorithms for data search and content distribution ..."
- Marc Sanchez, A Hierarchical Framework for Peer-to-Peer Systems: Design and Optimizations
- Carles Pairot, "Design and Implementation of a Wide-Area Middleware Infrastructure ..."
- Research Projects
- CloudSpaces: Open Service Platform for the Next Generation of Personal clouds. Ref. FP7- 317555. European Union
- REALCLOUD:Aplicación del Cloud Computing en empresa Ref. IPT-2011-1232-430000. Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación
- DELFIN: Self-adapting decentralized systems for the Future Internet. Ref. TIN2010-20140-C03-03. Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación.
- P2PGRID: Self-adjusting P2P and Grid Systems. Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnología. Ref. TIN2007-68050-C03-03.
- POPEYE: Peer to Peer Collaborative Working Environments over Mobile AdHoc Networks. Ref. IST-2006-034241. European Union.
- PLANET: Augmented Collaborative Platform for content distribution and advanced training (finished). Ref. TIC2003-09288-C02-00. Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnología.
- ITCOLE: Innovative Technology for Collaborative Learning and Knowledge Building(finished)
- COLAB: Collaborative Laboratories (finished)
- IEEE Peer-to-Peer 2012 General Chair
- IEEE WETICE Collaborative Peer-to-Peer Systems (COPS) 2008 Workshop's Chair.
- IEEE WETICE Collaborative Peer-to-Peer Systems (COPS) 2009 Workshop's Chair.
- IEEE WETICE Collaborative Peer-to-Peer Systems (COPS) 2010 Workshop's Chair.
- Advanced Programming Techniques
- Programming Languages LP
- P2P Networks XP2P
- Distributed Systems I
- Distributed Systems II & Software Engineering
- Distributed Architectures over Mobile Networks
- Open Systems
- Open Systems Development Contest
- Programming 2 (2003-04)
- User Interface Design (2000-01)
- Programming 1 (2002-03)
- Introduction to Programming (1999-00)
- Object Oriented Programming (1998-99)
Open Source Projects
I contributed to the following open source projects:
- ObjectMQ:Lightweight Distributed Objects over Message Queues
- PyActive: Distributed Object Actors in Python
- FriendBox: a Hybrid F2F Personal Storage System
- AOPWrapper: Blackbox Collaborative Wrapper for Java applications
- MChannel: Topology-Aware Group Communication Middleware for MANETs
- SocialDNS: A Naming and Directory System for the World Wide Web
- P2PWEB Platform
- PlanetSim P2P Simulator
- PlanetDR Content Repository
- SNAP Middleware Platform
- DERMI Decentralized Object Middleware
- DAMON Distributed AOP middleware
- MRPlanet Augment Reality Toolkit
- MOVE 3D Collaborative Virtual Environment